Like most recipes, I found this one on Pinterest one day, and decided to make it but with a few fun additions. It originally was supposed to be a healthier option for a breakfast loaf, but seeing as I love chocolate – especially in the morning, I had to add some to it. I was at the grocery store the other day and saw raspberries, remembering this recipe I bought them knowing that I’d have to make it soon. Adding the chocolate chips and raspberries gave what would have been a simple and more plain tasting breakfast loaf into a great morning treat!
- 1 c quick or rolled oats
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave syrup
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c raspberries (Fresh or frozen, chopped)
- 1/4 c chocolate chips (You can add as much or little as you want, I didn’t add too many since this is supposed to be for breakfast)
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in canola oil then stir in the milk. Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. I had to add more flour to make the dough thicker. Add raspberries and chocolate chips, mix into dough. Pour the dough into a loaf pan. Sprinkle some oats on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
It was quite funny making the dough, as after I added the raspberries, the dough turned purple!