I love chocolate. And so when my hubby asks at 1 a.m. during finals week if we can make chocolate covered pb crackers, it’s hard for me to say no. Even if it is 1 a.m. and I’m getting ready for bed. So we bust out the ingredients and start making them…mind you, we’ve never made them before and so we’re kind of just wingin’ it. Apparently though, I’m the “master chocolate dipper” because I found myself being the one dipping the crackers into the melted chocolate. Nope, never done that either yet somehow I was automatically the “master” of it. Anyways, after making them I went to bed and the hubby ate half of the batch we made while he studied.
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- Peanut butter (depends on how much PB you want in your sandwich)
- Sweetened bakers chocolate
- Evenly spread peanut butter on one side of a cracker and top it with another cracker (easy enough right?). Tip: squish the cracker down just a little so that the pb spreads to the edges, add more pb to the cracker if necessary. You’re not gonna want to have any empty cracker space. Finish with the rest of the sleeve.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package. Start dipping the crackers in to the chocolate, getting all sides and then pull them out (We didn’t have tongs to pull them out, so we used my tea bag squeezer things (looks like mini tongs with lots of holes). Place on to parchment paper or something that you can let them sit on until they’ve hardened.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes or until they’re hard(ish). I had put them into the fridge to make them harden faster, but that just made the cracker a little funny tasting…so I’d suggest just letting them sit out til they harden then eat or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe may seem way too easy to even bother putting out there, kind of like that whole “how to make ice” recipe with the most hilarious comments I’ve seen for food, but some times you forget about those quick yummy desserts and putting out there is one of the best ways to remember it!