I realize it’s been a couple weeks since I did a Tasty Thursday recipe, mostly because I’ve just haven’t sat down and taken the photos off my camera or written the recipes down…but anyways here’s a new recipe for you! A little/big side note on this one, as amazing as they did turn out and taste, I had to throw them away after eating 2. Now I bet you’re wondering umm..if they’re so amazing why’d you have to throw them out?? Well… the week I made these cookies I’d been really sick, and only at the end of the week when I made the cookies did I find out that that I am allergic to gluten. Which would explain why for so long my stomach has constantly been at war with me, why I’m exhausted, moody, have constant headaches and breaking out like a teenager again and such. So after cutting out gluten for a couple days my mood has improved, acne is going away, and my stomach is finally backing off from fighting me. And now back to the cookies. So basically after eating half of one of these yummy cookies on morning I got super sick and had that lightbulb in my head go off realizing my body was screaming at me that it’s allergic to gluten. And since L doesn’t love jelly on cookies, out the cookies went. So from now on I’ll most likely be posting gluten-free recipes since that’s what I’ll be eating now.
- 1/2 c Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Soy Milk (or any milk)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 c Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Strawberry Jam or any other flavor (for the filling)
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, milk, salt, sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll the dough into approx. 1″ balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Fix any large cracks that form on the edge of the cookies. Using your thumb, gently press on the center of the cookie until it’s a little crater (make sure you don’t go all the way to the bottom of the cookie). Fill each crater with a small amount of jam.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.