The other day I had a huge craving for a chocolate coconut something…but it kinda had to be for breakfast since it was like 8 a.m. So I hopped onto Pinterest and found a ton of recipes with those two ingredients and so I landed on a baked Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal for breakfast. It was a relatively quick thing to make, probably not suitable for an everyday thing but it was fun on a lazy morning!
- 1/2 c (gluten-free) oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Sweetener (I used a sprinkle of sugar)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c liquid (milk of choice, water, coconut milk, etc. I used almond milk)
- 1 or 2 tbsp coconut butter
- Chocolate Chips – it’s up to you just how much you want (I did a small handful)
- Shredded Coconut – it’s up to you how much (I did a small handful)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ingredients. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan or 1-cup ramkin. Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Let it cool a little and then dig in!
Note: Original recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie.