Okay okay I know it’s not technically Thursday, but I promise it’s worth it to post this earlier than Thursday. Plus this is the 49th post and for my 50th post I’ve got something awesome to share with you!
So this is like one of my favorite snacks ever. I grew up with puppy chow and the way we made it was awesome. My sister introduced us to it on one of her visits when I was growing up and I’ve loved it ever since. Some of you may call it “Muddy Buddies” but you’re wrong. Sorry. Puppy Chow just sounds soooo much cooler. Anyways, when we make it we toss it all into a trash bag (brand new of course) and toss it all together that way. That was probably 90% of the appeal to me growing up – the fact that everything was thrown together into a trash bag and that it was called Puppy Chow. If you don’t like the trash bag way then just use a ziploc bag (**cough** wimp **cough**). I’m feelin a little sassy today can’t ya tell?
- 1 box gluten-free chex – it helps if it’s just the plain kind, but I might need to try the Chocolate Chex too one day for an extra helping of chocolate!
- 1 cup chocolate chips – you may need a little more than that
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 1/2 c confectioner’s sugar (aka powdered sugar)
- 1 (new) trash bag – or several gallon size ziplocs
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a pan on the stove. Stir to keep from burning.
- Throw the chex into the trash bag and once the chocolate/peanut butter mix is melted, pour the mix into the trash bag with the chex. From here it’s a “Shake Fest”. Basically shake and make sure all of the chex is totally coated with the chocolate/peanut butter mix.
- Once they’re all covered in chocolate, dump the confectioner’s sugar into the bag and start another “Shake Fest” – making sure that the chex is now totally covered in the powdered sugar.
- Let it cool a little…and begin to devour the most amazing snack you will ever have eaten!