So this is part of the rest of that bag of pre-chopped apples I had and I needed to have a quick gluten-free dessert to bring with us to Thanksgiving (which we didn’t end up going to…so I ate them all myself…) and BAM GF Apple bites (or little mini apple pies).
- 1 C Gluten-Free Flour
- 6 tbsp butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tbsp ice water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2-3 large apples, cubed/diced
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Making the dough: In a large bowl mix butter and flour. Then add salt and sugar. Add the ice water and mix until a dough starts forming. Wrap dough in saran wrap and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes (if using gluten-free all purpose flour, I’d suggest maybe an hour)
- Cut up the apples into small bite size pieces that will fit in a muffin tin. In a medium bowl mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour and vanilla extract. Then add in the apples and mix.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out the dough. Find a bowl or something that is slightly larger than your muffin tins and start cutting out the circles from the dough. Squish them into an un-greased muffin tin and remove any extra from the top. Poke a couple holes in the bottom using a fork and fill with your apple mixture.
- From here you can make lattice with the extra dough, do a crumb topping or just leave it as is. I did a crumb topping which was just some flour, oats, brown sugar and a splash of vanilla to hold it together sort of.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven at 375 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes or 35-40 minutes if using regular flour.